Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rainy Day Field Trips

I am a firm believer that field trips should be postponed if at all humanly possible when the weather does not want to cooperate – especially for field trips where you will be walking 98% of the time, outdoors.

I chaperoned a field trip for my eldest son (J.) on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 to Colonial Williamsburg.  I have lived in the Richmond Metro area for the past 17 years and have never been for a visit.  We have driven by it several times on our way to our favorite fishing spot in Yorktown – but we've never stopped and taken the tour.  (I highly recommend you putting it on your list of top 10 places to visit if you come to Virginia!).

Williamsburg itself was beautiful – but we were soaked to the skin by the time the field trip finished.  I'll be posting more about our trip later this weekend once I have had a chance to go through all of the photos I have taken and decide which ones I want to use for the post.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment!