Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An Informational Post

If you are reading Life in a House of Testosterone via our RSS Feed – I thank you!  I would also ask; however, that you take a moment to stop by our web site and check us out "in person" if you will.  I love the convenience of subscribing to RSS Feeds (I myself am subscribed to hundreds – literally!) and being able to just quickly skim through the posts to find the things that interest me...but I also like to take a visit to the web site as well now and again to see what is new and what has changed.

I have a few new items on the web site that I would like to take a moment to tell you about.  As those of you who followed me as The MAD White Woman know, I am passionate about my causes and do whatever I can via my blog to assist those causes that are near and dear to my heart.

Causes that I am Passionate About

Causes is a wonderful site that is dedicated to spreading the word about social issues that are near and dear to your heart. Boasting 170 million members, those members have raised $40 million dollars for 27,000 nonprofits to date and have had 400,000 birthday wishes dedicated to Causes.  I am a proud member of those 170 million members.

I am currently a member of and support 12 different causes that I would like to share with you and ask for your support in.

My featured cause is Stop Bullying.  I was bullied as a child in school.  I remember the tears, the pain, the shame that came with the name-calling and the belittling.  Being called Kibble 'n Bits (yes, after the dog food – meaning that I was the dog) in high school no less is just beyond cruel.  I still to this day remember the girl who started calling me that and the mortification I felt when she yelled it down the hallway in high school and everyone laughed at me.  I just wanted to crawl inside of myself and die.  With all of the problems that I was having at home, school was my only refuge, my only place to come to for any sense of normalcy and stability, and with just those three little words she ripped all of that away from me in an instant.

I was able to survive it and suffer through it.  Some children are not so lucky.  Depending on other issues going on in their lives that these bullies have no knowledge of, sometimes the bullying is the last straw.  There are too many of our young children who are taking their own lives because of the senseless bullying in school and in their neighborhoods, not to mention the growing epidemic of cyber-bullying.  It needs to stop, and it needs to stop NOW.

In honor of my children, for my birthday this year (February 11th) I am asking that friends and family members donate to the Stop Bullying cause on my Birthday Wish page at Causes.  I would like to raise $1,000 for this worthy cause by my birthday – and donations are accepted starting as low as $10.00.  On my web site you will see a section entitled Causes where you can click on the links to go to my profile, join Causes yourself, or make a donation to my Birthday Wish

Blog Buddy Love

Now on to some fun, uplifting goodies!  If you will notice on the web site, there are two sections at the bottom with blog listings.  The one on the left (Blogging Friends) is a listing of bloggers whose blogs I subscribe to that offer all manner of enjoyment, funnies, tips, and giveaways.  The one on the right (Creative Divas) is a listing of all the wonderful people who help fuel my creative addiction by offering great word art, templates, tutorials, freebies, and more.  Please take a moment to stop by their sites and leave them some love (you know us bloggers love to get love via our comments!) and tell them that Kimmi sent you!

Vote for Me Daily!

Life in a House of Testosterone is now listed at PicketFenceBlogs.com and would really appreciate a vote from our readers!  You can just click on the "We're on the Fence!" logo to vote each day or you can click HERE to vote for us right now!

Party Over Here

I love listening to music when I'm trolling around the internet – but find it rather annoying when a site loads on your screen and immediately starts blaring music out at you and you cannot find the music player to turn it off!  Well Life in a House of Testosterone is pleased to have a musical selection (currently entitled New Year's Eve Party) for your listening pleasure courtesy of the fine folks at Playlist.com.  The nice thing about our player is that YOU turn it on, YOU select the songs you want to listen to, and there is a button at the bottom of the player that you can click (Pop-Out Player) which will pop the player out into another window and allow you to still listen to the selection available while browsing other sites!  How cool is that?  I am a huge music lover and will be sharing new playlists for you to listen to on a weekly (okay, try to make it weekly!) basis so check back often and see what's new for you to listen to!

Let's Celebrate!

I am one of those silly individuals who tries to find something positive in everything that happens, to always find the silver-lining in the clouds that darken the sky at times.  I found this totally cool widget from the fine folks at punchbowl that lets you know what the Celebration of the Day is each and every day!!!  For instance, today is National Chocolate Candy Day – did you know that?  I sure didn't!  You can also click the "yesterday" and "tomorrow" buttons to find out what you missed or what you're going to celebrate tomorrow!  How cool is that?

...and Finally...

It goes without saying that I would love it if you'd stop by the web site and visit some of our Affiliates (which you will find in the left sidebar at the top).  They offer great products and have regular specials – so there's always a bargain to be had somewhere!

In addition – don't forget to follow us at Giveaway Blogs, Mom Bloggers Club, BlogFrog, Networked Blogs, Twitter, and follow our Facebook Fan Page as well!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment!