Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Wow – I don't think I have ever been this excited about the start of a new year before!  I have all sorts of grand ideas for my personal life as well as for my blog, my creative teams, my groups – yes sir, lots of grand ideas.

Now the struggle is to get organized and work out a schedule that will allow me time to do everything that I want to do.  That is one of my biggest issues with anything – finding the time to fit it in and actually do everything that I want to do in a day.

So I have come prepared – list in hand of all the things that I want to do, all the things that I need to do, the daily/weekly/monthly chores that need to be done – and I'm armed with my calendar.  School activities and birthdays for friends and family members were calendared today.  Tomorrow is scheduling of my creative design work that needs to be done – and then the blog designs that I've promised to several people.  (Sigh...there's going to have to be a bit of wiggle room with the blog designing since I'm officially out of the business...)

Then its time to hit the boys' bedrooms – yet again.  Mom will clean their rooms one time and only one time in 2012 – they are old enough to be responsible for keeping their own spaces neat and tidy and if they can't – well they are going to find that things just go missing.  Whatever is left laying around on the floor or the chairs or thrown in the toy box – places where said things do not belong – they will just disappear.  When they realize they only have enough clothing for a day or two of school and there is nothing in the laundry basket – and they find out mom has thrown them away because they didn't keep them where they belonged – maybe THAT will be the extra incentive they need to keep their rooms clean!

I don't *do* resolutions – because by the time January 31st rolls around I've usually forgotten all about them.  No, this year is all about changing my lifestyle – making things become habit instead of just doing them for a few weeks and then forgetting about them.

My main goal is organizational – I just feel that if I can get well and truly organized like I want to be / need to be – then everything else will fall into place.  It's a start.  So if you'd like to follow along with the organizational changes I am going to be attempting – by all means join me!  If you have some tips and tricks you'd like to share – I would love to receive them!

Speaking of which – a friend of mine told me about two blogs today that are definitely marked for follow up sometime this week when I have time to sit back and read with a good cup of coffee that are all about getting organized:

A Bowl Full of Lemons

Organizing Made Fun

Stop by the blogs of these domestic divas and learn with me "how the pros do it" and see if we can do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment!